When I think about all the things I wanted to do in my life, I think why did I wait, why didn’t I just do them. Unfortunately, I’m not one to think of myself first, I think on a practical level.
I have always been one of them people who way up all the options first, by saying things like:
- If I do this will I be able to afford my bills?
- If I start this course how will I work and look after the kids?
- if I was to work here would it be feasible to move with the extra cost of rent?
- If I was to study could we afford to live off one income?
- If I was to work there how could we get the kids to school?
When I think about the “what if’s” I get myself so worked up that I can’t contemplate putting myself first. Now that I’m older I have come to realise that it’s so important in life to do what makes you happy because you never know when your life can take a turn for the worse.
I, unfortunately, can’t change my future as much as I would love to go work and study I know I’m not capable of keeping up with the load. I love now that I have found my niche with writing which keeps me busy.
I just want to remind people to, “Never let your dream slip from your fingers with the what if’s because life can change in an instant and forever that dream will be a dream.”