When I think about all the things I wanted to do in my life, I think why did I wait, why didn’t I just do them. Unfortunately, I’m not one to think of myself first, I think on a practical level.
I have always been one of them people who way up all the options first, by saying things like:
If I do this will I be able to afford my bills?
If I start this course how will I work and look after the kids?
if I was to work here would it be feasible to move with the extra cost of rent?
If I was to study could we afford to live off one income?
If I was to work there how could we get the kids to school?
When I think about the “what if’s” I get myself so worked up that I can’t contemplate putting myself first. Now that I’m older I have come to realise that it’s so important in life to do what makes you happy because you never know when your life can take a turn for the worse.
I, unfortunately, can’t change my future as much as I would love to go work and study I know I’m not capable of keeping up with the load. I love now that I have found my niche with writing which keeps me busy.
I just want to remind people to, “Never let your dream slip from your fingers with the what if’s because life can change in an instant and forever that dream will be a dream.”
I would like to say a big Thank you to Wifeblah for nominating me I appreciate it so much. You are one kind and caring person, you are a big part of my blog and I really appreciate all your input it means a lot. It means so much to be recognized for what we do it makes all the hard work worth it. Thank you again.
Facts About Me:
I live in Australia.
I love to draw.
I use to play the cello and bass guitar.
My favourite colour is blue.
I have 2 dogs.
I love making key rings.
I use to work as a security officer.
I performed in Cats the musical when I was younger.
I was a dancer.
I use to sing in a choir.
I don’t like eating two-minute noodles.
Roller Coaster or Bungee Jumping? Roller Coaster
Online Shopping or Going to the Mall? Online Shopping
Driving or Commute? Driving
Heart or brain? Heart
A Warm shower or Foot Massage? Warm Shower
Kiss or Hug? Hug
Text or Call? Text
Flats or Heels? (women) / Sneakers or Leather Shoes (Men) Flats
Sand or Grass? Sand
White or Black? Black
I would love to nominate all of my followers as I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without all of you guys.
I thought I would write about my family day out yesterday to lighten up the mood. So yesterday I took the family to a place called Paradise Country here on the Gold Coast where I live it’s a farm/wildlife park.
At the park, they have a range of animals from farm animals like: sheep, goats and a cow. They have wildlife animals like: Dingos, Kangaroo and Koalas. They also have things for the kids to do like: Pony Rides and Tractor Rides. They also have Shaun the sheep.
It was lovely to get out with the family for the day. Not that the body is feeling the best today, but it’s all worth it seeing these beautiful animals. Seeing my children with the biggest smiles. How could you not have a great day when you get to play with these cute and cuddly animals.
Forgiveness is one subject that is one I find hard to do, I know they say forgiveness is an important part of healing, but my answer is always how do you forgive someone who came into your life only to destroy all your self-worth.
Is forgiveness really that important in healing? I haven’t forgiven my rapists and never will, I’m where I am today due to what they did to me, to forgive them for taking my self-worth, my trust for people, my soul, how could I?
Then I think how many times do you need to forgive someone before enough is enough, even if they are family, we all deserve to be treated with respect, kindness and love.
Forgiveness is a hard thing for anyone to do, but for me, it’s one thing I don’t believe I would ever do. If you do then I congratulate you because you are a far better person than me.
I had the honour of being nominated for this fun challenge by THECHRONICALLYUNIMAGINABLE. I am so honoured that you thought of me for this challenge. Let’s get onto answering those questions, shall we? (The rules are found below my answers.)
The Challenge Begins:
1.What is your usual Starbucks order? I don’t have a Starbucks near where I live, If I go out for a coffee I usually get a White chocolate latte.
2. What does your work station look like right now? I do my work from my lounge as I am unable to sit at a chair even the lounge is not so comfortable but it’s less painful than a chair.
3.All-time favourite food? My favourite food would have to be natural Yoghurt with oats and fresh fruit.
4.Favourite Author? I don’t have a favourite author I just like someone who writes a good story.
5.What do you think of open relationships? I don’t like an open relationship, but each to their own.
6. What is your favourite video game? The all-time super Mario Bros would be my favourite without a doubt.
7. Guilty Pleasure treat? Anything Chocolate.
8.Favourite Movie? My favourite movie is, Well I have two and they are Beaches and Dirty Dancing.
9. Favourite book? I, unfortunately, don’t have one.
10. Twitter or Instagram? I would have to go Twitter.
11.Desktop or laptop? I would have to go Laptop, as I work from the couch, but if I could work at a desk I would use a desktop.
12.Best advice you’ve ever received? I would have to say the best advice was “if I don’t do things for me who else will!” and “Fight for what you want”
13.What project are you working on right now? I’m just working on my blog for now.
14. Favorite color?Blue
15.Did you get good grades at school? Yes
16. Dream job? If I could work, I would be a Paramedic. But I when I think about it I think what I do now is what I am meant to do.
17. Played any sports? I played all sports, netball, softball, football(AFL), shot put, discus, Athletics, hockey. I was very sporty.
18. Do you have a degree? I have Certificates, I had to leave my Degree as my health got in the way.
19. Nationality? Australian
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do? The ones that make a difference to someone.
21. What do you like to collect? I like to collect Disney Tsum Tsum
22. Describe yourself in three words? Caring, Strong, and Stubborn
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be? I wouldn’t know I get tongue-tied just trying to copy any haha.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d? No one
25. What is on the top of your wish list right now? To own my own home.
26. Sorting house? I am a Hufflepuff!
27. How many tattoos do you have? 3 I have a Tiger with my daughter name on my shoulder blade, I have a rose on my ankle, and Sunflower with words you are my shine as the stem.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? I’m grateful for my family and being able to do my blog and meeting people through my blog.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? Being nominated by awesome people it means the world.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? Working on this blog makes my day.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Having my children
32.Favorite season? Spring
33. Favourite fictional animal? Unicorn
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? Belle, as she was a generous person, and saw people for who they are and not what they looked like, just like me.
35. Do you like surprises? I can’t handle surprises, my anxiety goes through the roof.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? I haven’t had any big surprises Yet touch wood.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry? Anything nice for someone.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone? I hope I give everyone their best surprise.
39. Do you like muffins? Blueberry muffins are the best.
40. Do you cook often? Not so much, as the pain is too much to stand to cook.
41. What’s your favourite dessert? Cheese cake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Black Forrest.
43. Cake or pie? Cake for sure
44. What’s your least favorite food? Brussels sprouts yuck
45. What’s your favorite condiment? Ranch.
46. It’s 4 A.M. on a Saturday night, what would you eat? Nothing I don’t like to eat in the middle of the night, but would love a coffee.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? Listen Up.
48. Best animated film? Winnie The Pooh
49. What has a guy (or girl) done or said to impress you? Been told I was very sweet which is always nice.
50. The best thing to do on a date? Sit on a beach and watch the sunset just beautiful.
51. The worst thing to do on a date? Be on your phone.
52. What is the funniest pick-up line a guy/girl could use on a girl/guy? Do you see that light, because I see an angel just walked in! OMG, seriously guys.
53. Best comic book character? Spider-man.
54. What are three things that are always in your purse? Phone, Inhaler and Bank Card.
55. Favorite drink? I just like a good coffee and plain water.
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be? not sure about this one.
57. Kittens or puppies? puppies for sure.
58. Favourite sushi roll? sorry, no sushi for this girl not a fan of all.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? I don’t wear makeup.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? None.
61. Blow dry or air dry? I air dry my hair
62. Who is your fashion icon? I love the 90s. But someone who looked great was Marilyn Monroe for sure she would be my icon.
63. Favourite Disney character? I have so many I love all things Disney it’s hard to pick one, but I would have to go Goofy.
64. What are you doing tomorrow? Not sure I take every day as it comes.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? Anything with Rebel Wilson.
66. A movie that made you cry? A Dog’s Purpose.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be? Pink, just love her she is so grounded.
68. If your life were a song what would the title be? Stronger.
69. Favourite animal? Tigers, they are calm, but you push them they won’t put up with it. What I have learnt to do.
70. Favourite illustrator? I honestly don’t know any illustrators.
71. The person you want to have coffee with? I enjoy having coffee with anyone, so I don’t have a person in mind.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit? Anywhere I have never been lucky enough to leave my country so I would be happy anywhere.
73. Best ways to decompress? I love being at the beach that’s my best way.
For this challenge, you must answer the same questions that I did. You also need to nominate 12 people to complete the challenge as well. Make sure you notify your nominees. Please note that there is no rush to complete this. I know that many of you are dealing with health challenges, so please take as much time as you need!
This is one post that I wasn’t going to post, but I think is important. This one is hard for me to write, but I want people out there to be aware of what their kids are doing and how it could affect others.
Over the last few months, I have noticed a change in my 7-year old’s behaviour she has become quite angry and aggressive towards us. It’s not her usual behaviour to do this especially towards me.
Over the last few weeks, it’s become worse to the point where she is saying things like “She hates herself”. and if we say no to her she will say things like “You just want me to die”. This has lead us to seek medical help for her as we are scared for her welfare.
After talking through her emotions we worked out her problems have arisen from a game she has been playing. In the game, she stated that if she doesn’t look a certain way they call her “UGLY”, and they have said she should “GO AND DIE”.
The game I am talking about is ROBLOX.
On this game, the kids can be cruel. We have tried deleting this game, but our daughter gets angry and quite violent, so my husband will play it with her, and when they are mean he removes her from the game and reports the user, but our daughter still gets back on there, even getting up early and playing. This game is like an addition to kids.
We didn’t know how this would affect her. We are devastated about what it’s done. I wanted to share my story to let others know what this game is doing to children. What the effects of what they say can effect someone’s mind.
I couldn’t imagine losing my daughter. I know we have a long process of changing her mind process, but I’m grateful we worked it out now before it was too late.
To other’s out there with kids on this game please be aware of what they are doing and their Mental Health.